Monday, February 17, 2014

Laying Down the Groundwork

I think my first post should give a background of the subjects covered in this blog. I mainly listen to rap, hip-hop, and R&B, so that will be the main genres covered in this blog. Occasionally I listened to alternative and rock so I may review that as well.

Why do I review?
Honestly, because it’s fun, but beyond that I have trouble forming my opinion on topics.  Writing is one of the only ways I can organize thoughts in a coherent manner.

What is the format for my reviews?
A shorter overview section that gives an overall reaction to the album. For interested readers, a track by track listing will be included

My Rating System
Classic- Buy RIGHT NOW
Buy- Not quite a classic but it does something so well that it’s worth supporting
Listen then decide- I enjoyed it, but not enough to buy. That does not mean not to buy it, but listen and decide for yourself whether it’s worth supporting
Neutral- I did not like it, but did not hate it either
Not for me- The album didn't work for me

If you have a specific album that you would like me to review, leave it in the comments.

Feel free to comment. I am definitely NOT all-knowing, so if you think I'm wrong about something, discuss it with me. As long as you form your opinion in a mature manner i'll discuss it.
I may learn from you.   

0 comments:

Post a Comment