Monday, July 7, 2014

The Fault In Our Stars I Birdy -- Not About Angels I Official Video



I haven’t watched the movie or read the book, but I’m considering it after hearing this track. At the beginning it follows the simple formula that I like; an instrument and a voice. That way the audience can enjoy both aspects equally.
This song reminds me of JoJo’s Note to God in that every verse is delivered more urgently. In the last verse both the music and voice reach the same urgency after minutes of buildup. It’s a formula I really like because it allows the producer and singer to show off his talents without either taking away from the other. In fact it’s the combination of both that makes the climax of these songs so special.
I love the way the piano and violin work off of each other in this song. The violin comes in about half way through, and fades in and out of the song. But, it chooses its spots well. Sometimes it softens the song, adding a tinge of beauty, but at other points it adds suspense. 5/5

What is she doing now?

She released her second album this year named Fire Within. I listened and was very happy with it. If you like this track, I suggest giving her album a try. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment