Thursday, November 6, 2014

Shy Girls: "Under Attack" AUDIO


My sister introduced me to this artist and I must admit, I’m a fan.  I love his voice and his approach to R&B.
The thing that intrigues me the most is the sound and production. It’s definitely R&B based but throws in touches of Jazz (with an amazing solo), some electronic influences, and one-time-only sound effects that are perfectly placed. If most song had tried this, I’d normally say that it’s trying too much and should strip some parts/instruments to make it more cohesive, but in this case I wouldn’t dare suggest it.
As beautiful as his voice is, the cleverly crafted production really made this song stand out 5/5

What is he doing now?
He released an EP Timeshare in October of last year and is performing at various venues. To find out more about Shy Girls follow him on Twitter, Soundcloud, or on Youtube through Hit City U.S.A. I know that I only review albums, but i may make an exception for this artist.

0 comments:

Post a Comment